Home & Property Insurance
Call 01388 607 140
Motor & Travel Insurance
Call 01207 509 446 
B Portwood & Co Ltd
Find us on Yell:
Yell logo

Motor Insurance

Keeping Residents of County Durham on the Road with Motor Insurance

At B Portwood & Co Ltd, we appreciate how important it is to keep you on the road. We specialise in providing motor insurance for all types of vehicles, including cars, motorbikes, vans, lorries and even caravans.
Contact Us

We wish you safe driving

The world of motor insurance is a complex one. There are literally hundreds of different policies for you to choose from, and it’s not easy to know how to go about finding the right one for you. 

Do you need third-party fire & theft insurance? Did you know that ‘fire & theft’ provides protection against loss and damage if your vehicle is burnt or stolen, but it does not protect you against damage to your vehicle if you’re involved in an accident, or if it is vandalised? 

Do you need fully comprehensive insurance? When shopping around for fully comprehensive motor insurance, you should be aware that the word 'comprehensive' is often misleading. Comprehensive insurance covers damage to your vehicle caused by a wide range of incidents, including accidents, fire, and theft, but we can recommend policies that include additional cover for important things like stolen items, medical expenses, and personal accident protection.

What kind of vehicle would you like to insure? We can arrange all kinds of cover, for all kinds of vehicles:
  • Car, motorcycle, lorry & caravan insurance
  • Breakdown insurance
  • Third party, fire & theft
  • Fully comprehensive insurance
  • Classic car / classic bike insurance
  • Kit car insurance
  • Excess insurance
  • GAP Insurance (back to invoice, Finance GAP, including second hand cars)
We can even arrange insurance for business, trade, and commercial vehicles, including:
  • Business vehicle insurance
  • Motor trade road risks insurance
  • Commercial vehicle insurance
  • Courier van insurance
  • Fleet insurance
  • Fleet GAP insurance
  • Minibus insurance - charities
You can trust B Portwood & Co Ltd to recommend a policy that will provide you with the right cover, for a reasonable cost. We will factor in all your personal requirements before we recommend the best policy for you. These might include details like:
  • No claims bonus
  • Motor frosting
  • Vehicle theft
  • Driving abroad
  • Uninsured loss recovery
  • Breakdown cover
  • Personal injury cover
  • Hire car insurance
 We review the market every year to ensure we recommend the best premiums for our customers and we do our best to make sure things don't go wrong for you - but if they do go wrong, then we're on your side.
caravan insurance

Need commercial vehicle cover?

We can arrange insurance cover for business, trade, and commercial vehicles. We supply other types of commercial insurance too.
Driving abroad

Planning a trip abroad?

We can arrange insurance to cover you when you are driving abroad. Contact us today and we'll see you safely on your travels.
B Portwood & Co Ltd in County Durham - Trust us to be your local motor insurance broker.

Call 01388 607 140 for Home & Property Insurance
Call 01207 509 446 for Motor & Travel Insurance

Share by: